Saturday, January 15, 2011

Uncommon Uses of Common Things....Toothpaste Part 1

We use toothpaste, oils, different vegetables and more things every day. . These are usual things which are generally found in each household but most of us don't know their unusual use. To help you out I am starting a new series which would help you to use usual items into unusual way. I am sure you all will be surprised.


           So the first item in my list is Toothpaste (We use it daily to clean our teeth). I will post it into 2 parts so you can learn and try these tricks properly.

         Toothpaste is a very common household item. We can get toothpaste in many colors and flavors. It meant for cleaning teeth and fighting cavity but its chemical composition makes it an amazing multifunctional product.




Important : For these tips & tricks use non gel non fancy white tooth paste.

Clean Crayon Marks from Walls



         Your tiny tot artists make your wall or painted furniture their canvas for artwork. Don’t worry. Just rub a little toothpaste with damp cloth and fine abrasive of toothpaste will remove the mark. Rinse with water. Though it’s safe to use on walls and furniture, it’s advisable to test a small area. Check after 24 hours and if it’s fine than remove marks from larger area.

Clean Piano Keys



       Do you have well used piano with yellow and darker key tops? Scrub with some toothpaste and soft cloth, than wipe with damp cloth. Buff dry with soft cloth for brighter key tops.

Clean Your Clothe Iron Plate



           Toothpaste can clean the bottom plate of your clothe Iron which tend to get scorched, or marked with melted fabric burned while ironing. Rub toothpaste on the cool iron, leave for a few minutes than scrub with a cloth. Rinse it. Now heat the iron and rub it over an old cloth.

Clean Silverware



You can clean and polish any kind of silver with toothpaste. Dab some on your silverware and rub with clean soft cloth to bring back the sparkle.


Deodorize Plastic ware





You can deodorize plastic bottles and container which kept closed for long or used for strong smelling food. Brush it with toothpaste, leave for some minutes and rinse away the smell with water.

Goggle’s Defogger





If you have toothpaste in your home than no need to buy costly goggles defogger. Rub a dab in each lenses and rinse. It’ll be crystal clear. But don’t rub vigorously as it can scratch the lenses.

Mirror Defogger



Fogged bathroom mirror is very irritating if you’ve to use it just after shower for saving or applying lotions. Next time before you step in shower, apply toothpaste on mirror and wipe it. You’ll get a clear shinning mirror after you finish your bath.

Shinny Chrome

If you have toothpaste in your bathroom, than no need of costly cleaner.rub some toothpaste on your chrome fittings and rinse. Buff with a dry soft cloth and watch your chrome shine. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

47 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing these tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy
    Thanks a lot for liking....Soon I'll post second part of this post...& remember its a series so i'll post uncommon uses of many Common things so keep visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following your blog please consider following mine www.thatshakerofsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also used toothpaste to clean scuff marks off a vinyl floor. It works extremely well, just be careful not to scrub too hard.

    Thanks for sharing the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, never knew about so many uses of toothpaste though it would be a costly affair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info!! I'm your 100th bloggy follower. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if you get burnt accidentally apply Tooth Paste on the burnt part, it will give coolness to burnt area.
    Nice tips !

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi mmc67
    thanks for visiting & following my blog....I m already following your very nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane
    thanks a lot for your contribution in this series.....keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi S.S.Ayyanger
    yeah its amazing to know the different uses of a humble household item...keep visitig

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Francis Hunt
    thanks a lot for liking my post...keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Liberty
    congratzzzzzzzzz for being my 100th follower :P thanks a bunch for following me & liking my post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks a bunch for liking Mohinee....keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pratibha
    plz keep visiting & u'll know many more unusual uses of many more common items...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed reading this article! I'll definitely use the toothpaste for crayon on the wall, lol. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the follow! I followed back - great tips, I always wondered how to clean my iron. Oh and we always used toothpaste in college on zits. If you put some on a zit overnight it will a lot of times take a lot of the red and help dry it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Abhishek
    thanks a bunch for this very useful tip as I get burnt many times in kitchen.....keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I just tried the crayon use and MAGIC! It works! Thanks so much for this neat tip! I am going to break out the silver and try it next :)

    I am your newest follower from MBC :)

    ~Brandi
    http://www.ohmadremia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's really helpful, i didn't know that toothpaste has lots of uses other than cleaning the teeth.

    Food Escapades

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mer
    Glad to know that you enjoyed reading my article...do share with us your experience of trying toothpaste for crayon on the wall...keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi brandi
    its so nice to know that my tips helped you & do tell us the result when you use it on silver....thanks a lot for following me...I am following you at your very cute blog...keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is an interesting and informative post. Looking forward to some more... :)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. very nice post. this is very useful. thanks a lot for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi Life Moto
    hanks for visiting my blog...hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  25. great post..really informative! hope you can drop by too at my site! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing! I used to work for a toothpaste company, but I never learned of these! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the tips! I'm going to have to try that for my iron.

    ReplyDelete
  28. with that Iron plate tips..I like! I will try that in my iron..
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi Shengkay
    do share your experience when u try toothpaste for your iron....thanks a lot for liking my post

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh and i thought cleaning silver with toothpaste is a myth. it isn't after all. :) hehe nice post. drop by my site too if you like. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. if toothpaste are that good on the mirror, I think it is also applicable on car windshields.

    Mannoy

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such an interesting post. Visiting you here this Tuesday and followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Wintergirl, Thanks for liking it. These tips are worth to try. Try them and you could see it yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Mannoy Well yes its a good idea. You could try it and let me know the result too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  35. @denise now you know the answer. Try it and let us know the result. I will happy to follow your site.

    ReplyDelete
  36. @Shengkay Thanks you should after all there is no harm in trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Some great and easy tips to follow with toothpaste. Thanks for sharing them in your post, they are useful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Elvira
    thanks a million for liking my post & following my blog...I am following you via GFC....hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  39. Uniquely informative article. I never knew about such uses except for my teeth! I'll try some of the tips. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Widgets

Like my work? Buy me a Coffee